My name is Elliot Balynn and I live and work in the UK.
I’m passionate about my drone and anything to do with it: flying, apps, mods, you name it even though I only had it for a week and one day! I thought it would be a good idea to start a blog together with a YouTube channel to keep a diary of my flights and anything I find useful for my drone.
I purchased Phantom 3 Standard and intend to learn everything there is to know about it. I have a huge list of things I would like to do:
- Modify the remote for a better range. I was thinking of using Argtek kit for that. Maybe even throwing in some amplifiers and upgrading the antennas on the drone itself.
- Attaching an additional FPV camera to the drone so I can use cheaper goggles. I know I can do it with software along, but where is fun in that? 🙂
- Buying and reviewing a bunch of accessories. There is going to be a lot of that coming, I have already placed orders for various accessories. I will review each one as they come
- Styling the drone. Now the easy option would be to buy a pre-cut wrap but I want to do a full hydro dipping design: glossy flame texture on the drone with matte carbon fibre legs. Something like this:
- Investigate various applications to use with the drone. Many don’t know, but there is so much you can do even with Phantom 3 Standard: way point flying, object tracking and even creating 3D models. Some features that are only available with Phantom 4 and more expensive models can be unlocked in Phantom 3 Standard.
- How to shoot proper cinematography quality footage with the drone. That requires proper configuration of the video as well as the correct usage of ND filters. Then how to edit the video, software for video editing.
- Explore what a drone can be used for apart from taking pictures and video. A good example is creating 3D models
- Keep up to date with the laws in the UK with regards to flying drones. Not just some lame guidelines that come in the box with the drone, but the actual law, something that can help me out if I ever have to deal with the boys in blue.
- Shoot nice footage and share with everyone (or a better known term as “showing off”)
Bear in mind that it’s January now and the weather in the UK is [censored] but I will try to fly my drone every weekend.
I have my professional blog where you can find out more about exactly what I do: https://elliotbalynn.blog
May the force be with you!